You won't find Origin LPG prices online because it's a commodity that's traded on the world market, where prices fluctuate in response to changes in supply, demand and currency exchange rates.
However, Origin is committed to delivering LPG to you at competitive rates. To demonstrate this commitment Origin guarantees to provide value for money and is the only LPG supplier to have a Price Promise for our customers.
For up to date prices just enter your telephone number in the click to call window and one of our friendly advisors will call you straight away... it's that easy!
This Price Promise offer (Price Promise) is made by Origin Energy Retail Limited (ABN 22 078 868 425), PO Box 1199, Adelaide SA 5001, 131 LPG.
Subject to the terms and conditions below (Terms and Conditions), we will match any lower comparable price offer for the supply of LPG to a residential premise and provide an additional 5% off your first order.
If you enter into an agreement with us for the supply of LPG pursuant to this offer, the Price Promise will continue to be available for the first month of your agreement term.
If you find a lower comparable price offer during that first month, we will, subject to the Terms and Conditions, discount the price of your LPG to an amount which is equal to the competitor's offer for 12 months. We will further discount the price of your first order of LPG by 5% and either charge you the discounted amount for your first order or credit this amount to your account if you have already paid for this.
Terms and Conditions
1. Discounted Price - For your first order of LPG, we will charge you a price which is 5% less than the competitor's comparable price offer (Introductory Bonus). For further orders of LPG, we will charge you a discounted price for the LPG we supply to you which is equal to the competitor's comparable price offer (Discounted Price). If we supply LPG to you by cylinder exchange, the Discounted Price will be for the price of the cylinder. For in situ LPG supply customers, the Discounted Price will be for the price per litre of LPG. The Discounted Price will apply on this basis for 12 months. After this, your LPG prices will revert to the standard LPG prices for your area and will be subject to our usual terms and conditions for price variation set out in our Customer Service Charter which we will provide to you.[ We will not apply a discount to any additional fees and charges associated with your supply payable under your agreement.
2. Eligibility - The Price Promise is only available to person(s) who are not existing customers and who enter into a new agreement with Origin for the supply of LPG (either by cylinder exchange or in situ supply) at a single residential address for household supply for a minimum period of 12 months. The Price Promise is not available to Origin Quick Swap LPG or reticulated LPG customers. Customers claiming the Price Promise within the first month of their agreement term must be the current account holder.
3. Comparable price offer –The competitor's LPG product price offer, as advertised in a daily newspaper, catalogue, commercial radio or television advert, must be less than Origin's quoted price for the identical LPG product, not including any additional fees or charges associated with supply, sign up incentives, loyalty benefits or dual product discounts. The competitor's offer must be a genuine offer available to the general public and applicable to your supply address.
4. Notifying us of a Price Promise claim: To make a Price Promise claim, call an Origin representative on 133 LPG. The Origin representative may request from you evidence of the competitor's offer to verify that it is a comparable offer. You can provide this by either mailing, faxing or e-mailing evidence of the advertised offer directly to Origin. Origin requires a minimum of one week to process and verify received claims. We will contact you once the claim has been processed.
5. Duration of Price Promise and changes - The Price Promise is valid from the date of publication of these Terms and Conditions on this website on 25 March 2011 and will expire on the date that the Terms and Conditions are withdrawn from this website. Origin reserves the right to vary or cease to offer the Price Promise at any time. The Terms and Conditions in effect at the time of your claim will determine your eligibility for the Price Promise, unless you are seeking to claim the Price Promise within the first month of the term of your agreement, in which case the Terms and Conditions at the time that you entered into the agreement will determine your eligibility to make that claim.
6. No waiver: The failure to enforce a provision of these Terms and Conditions will not constitute a waiver of that provision.
7. Participating agents and dealers - This offer may also be available through participating Origin agents and dealers.
The Federal Government has introduced the Clean Energy Future Legislation, effective 1 July 2012, to place a price on carbon. The carbon price is expected to be passed from the largest emitters through the supply chain and on to customers, promoting a shift to low-carbon alternatives.
Click here to find out more