Safety at home
While LPG is an increasingly popular and convenient energy source, it’s important that you use it safely and responsibly.
Gas leaks and emergencies
If you suspect you have an LPG leak, turn off your appliances and gas cylinders and call Origin LPG immediately on our 24-hour hotline
1800 808 526.
Until the emergency service technician arrives, make sure you follow these safety tips:
- Open all windows and doors
- Don't light a match, lighter, or any other source of open flame
- Don't smoke
- Don't use any electrical appliance or the phone and don’t switch on any lights.
If you can smell gas, check:
- Whether any pilot lights on your appliances have gone out
- If any burners on your stove are accidently turned on
- Connections to your gas cylinder, gas appliances and equipment
- If your gas cylinder is close to empty, as the gas at the bottom may smell stronger - even if it isn't leaking.
Further information about LPG safety
Quick Swap BBQ gas safety
Flood and storm safety